In this article, you will learn how to use custom fields to make sure your team takes before and after photos for a job.
The Custom Fields add-on is a great way to make sure your team is collecting all of the information that your business requires for a service — including before and after photos of the work that was performed.
Creating your before and after photo custom fields
In order to create custom fields, you will first need to enable the Custom Fields add-on from the Marketplace.
To learn more about enabling the add-on, please see this article.
- From the navigation bar, select > Settings
- Under Job settings, select Custom fields
- From the Job tab on the Custom fields page, select Add new
- Create your before photo custom field:
- Field type: Choose Image
- Group: Enter Before and after photos
- Field name: Enter Before photo
- All job types: Choose the job types that should include this image field
- Required: Turn the toggle switch to YES to require this image to create a job
- Required to close: Turn the toggle switch to YES to require this image to close a job
- Select Save
- Repeat Steps 3–4 for your after photo
Be sure to only set your after photo required to close, not required to create.
What you’ll see
After creating your image custom fields, these fields will appear on all of the job types you defined when creating your fields.
Your before photo will be required to create the job, and your after photo will be required to close the job.
You can even customize your estimate and invoice templates to automatically include these images for your clients to see as well. To learn more about customizing these templates, please see this article.