In this article, you will learn how to create and send estimates to your clients in Workiz.
Estimates are a great way to inform your clients about the cost of your services before committing to a job. They are a valuable tool to make sure both you and your client are on the same page.
There are many ways to create an estimate in Workiz. Here, we will focus on creating an estimate from the sidebar navigation.
Creating an estimate
- From the sidebar navigation, select Add new > Estimate
- Search for an existing client or add a new one
Adding items to an estimate
- Select Add item or Price book depending on where you want to add the item from
- Choose the item(s) you want to add
Adding extra information to an estimate
- Under Notes, enter any relevant information for this estimate
- Next to Attachments, select Upload to attach files relevant to this estimate
Requesting a deposit for an estimate
In order to request a deposit on an estimate, you must first enable online payments by signing up for Workiz Pay.
To learn more about Workiz Pay, please see this article.
To learn more about how to request a deposit for an estimate, please see this article.
Sending an estimate
- Once you have added all the items for this estimate, select Send
- Send your estimate:
- From (email only)
- To (email only)
- CC (email only)
- Subject (email only)
- Phone (text message only)
- Message (email and text)
- Let client pay deposit online: Choose whether you want your client to be able to pay a deposit online
- Advanced: Select Advanced and choose all of the estimate details you want your client to see
- Select Send Email or Send Text as desired
What your clients will see
To customize the look of your estimates, please see this article.
Your customers will receive an email or text message that includes your message and a link to view and approve the estimate in the Workiz customer portal. If you added a deposit request in your estimate, they will see the option to pay using a credit card.
The status of your estimate will automatically change from Unsent to Pending after sending it to your client. To learn more about estimate statuses, please see this article.