In this article, you will learn how to create new items and services that can be added to jobs, estimates, and invoices in Workiz.
Items and services are reusable line items you create and store on your Workiz account to save yourself time when creating estimates or invoices. You can add useful information like the item's name, cost, and the price you want to charge.
These items can be added to jobs, estimates, and invoices to provide a transparent breakdown of the services and products you are billing them for.
The items and services created in this article are designed to be used as reusable line items. You will not be able to track stock levels for these items.
To create items that can be tracked using the Inventory add-on, please see this article.
Creating a new item or service
- From the navigation bar, select > Settings
- Under Job Settings, select Items & Products
- From the Items & Products page, select Add new
- Create your new item/service:
- Unit cost
- Parent category: Choose the parent category that this item belongs to
- Item type
- Inventory: Decide whether this item is inventory-managed or not
- Booking: Decide whether you want to make this item available in your booking portal
- Select Save
Adding items to jobs, invoices, and estimates
To learn how to add items and services to jobs, estimates, and invoices, please see this article.