In this article, you will learn how to use Workiz Automations to automate your essential business tasks and save yourself time.
Workiz Automations is a Marketplace add-on designed to send automatic notifications to your team and clients based on certain conditions you define. This feature is designed to save you time, prevent job cancellations, and help scale your business with less effort.
Types of tasks you can automate
While the options for creating Workiz Automation rules are endless, here are just a few examples of rules you can create:
- Notify your team and clients before an appointment
Remind your clients before an upcoming job so they know to expect you, improving on your customer service and reducing potential cancellations.
- Follow up with leads after an estimate is sent
People love to shop around and receive estimates from multiple businesses. With Workiz Automations, you can automate a follow-up and focus on the work that matters most.
- Follow up with clients with overdue invoices
Nobody likes to call and ask for money. With Workiz Automations, you can create targeted emails that only send after a certain period of time.
- Ask clients to leave a review
Once a job is done, you can automatically send each client a message requesting a review of your services. You can limit the requests to only be sent to specific clients based on a number of different factors, such as client tags, job type, and service areas.
- Send coupons to retain existing clients
Retain your old customers by sending them a coupon months after a job is done. Remind your clients about potential jobs that require ongoing maintenance.
Enabling Workiz Automations add-on
- From the navigation bar, select the Marketplace
- UnderMost popular, select Workiz Automations
- Turn the toggle switch on to enable the add-on
Creating an automation rule
The Workiz Automation Center features an extensive collection of pre-built automation rules designed to work right out of the box for a variety of scenarios. You can enable any one of those automation rules to begin sending out with just a few clicks.
- From the navigation bar, select Automations
- Hover your mouse over the automation rule template you want to enable and select Use
- Select any one of the underlined fields to edit the automation rule as desired
- Workiz also gives you the option to create a custom rule of your own.
To learn more about how to create a custom automation rule, please see this article.