In this article, you will learn how to create and manage tasks on the Workiz mobile app.
Tasks are designed to help you manage larger projects by allowing you to break them down into smaller, more manageable assignments.
In order to create tasks in Workiz, you will need to enable the Tasks add-on. To learn more about enabling the add-on, please see this article.
In Workiz, tasks can only exist under a job or lead. They cannot be created as standalone events.
- Open the job you want to create tasks for
- At the bottom of the job page, select Tasks
- Select Add task
- Create your task:
- Assigned technician(s)
- Select Save
- Select to create all of the tasks you want to add to this job
Tasks will now appear on your schedule, as well as your relevant job or lead pages. Your job or lead pages will also provide you with a progress bar so you can quickly understand the status of your tasks (and by extension, your complex project).
Updating a task’s status
Each task will include its own status to indicate whether it is Open or Done. You can manage these statuses from within the job or lead page.
- Open the job page that contains the tasks you want to update
- At the bottom of the page, select the Tasks section
- Next to the task you want to update, select Mark as done
Workiz will automatically update the progress bar for your tasks, giving you full visibility into your project’s development.