In this article, you will learn how to create custom checklists for jobs.
The Custom Fields add-on is a great tool for ensuring your team is collecting all of the information that your business needs for a service — including checklists that help guarantee your team is getting the job done the right way.
In order to create custom checklists, you will first need to enable the Custom Fields add-on from the Marketplace.
To learn more about enabling the add-on, please see this article.
How to create custom checklists
- From the navigation bar, select > Settings
- Under Job settings, select Custom fields
- From the Job tab on the Custom fields page, select Add new
- Create the first item on your checklist:
- Field type: Choose Checkbox
- Group: Choose or create a group for this checklist item
- Field name
- Job types: Choose the job types that should include this checklist item
- Required: Decide whether this checklist item should be required to create a new job
- Required to close: Decide whether this checklist item should be required to close a job
- Select Save
- Repeat Steps 3–4 for the remaining items on your checklist
What you'll see
After creating your custom checklist, it will appear on all of the job types you set when creating the checklist.
You can even customize your estimate and invoice templates to automatically include this checklist for your clients to see as well. To learn more about customizing these templates, please see this article.