In this article, you will learn how to manage multiple service areas in Workiz.
Between booking jobs in areas your company actually serves, and then assigning those jobs to the right field techs who service that area, the life of a new dispatcher can be difficult. Workiz aims to fix that with Service Areas.
This add-on makes booking new jobs easy for dispatchers, never letting them wonder whether your company should take the job, or if anybody on your team is capable of completing the job based on where they're located.
Enabling Service Areas add-on
In order to start using service areas, you will need to enable the add-on from the Marketplace first.
- From the navigation bar, select the Marketplace
- Under Add-ons, select Service Areas
- Turn the toggle switch on to enable the add-on
Creating a service area
- From the navigation bar, select > Settings
- Under Job Settings, select Service areas
- Select Add Service area
- Create your service area:
- Zip code
- Radius: Enter the mile radius that you want to apply to the zip code you entered in Step 4b
- Color: Choose a color for the service area you are creating
- Default tax
- Select Save
Creating an advanced service area
Workiz also allows you to take more granular control of the service areas you are creating by pinpointing exact spots on a map.
- To create an advanced service area, turn the toggle switch under Advanced area select to ON
- In the Enter a location field above the map, enter the name of the city you want to create a service area in
- Draw your map:
- Select the Draw a shape button to begin drawing your map
- Hover your cursor over one of the edges of your service area on the map, and click to drop a boundary point
- Move your cursor to another edge of the service area on the map, and click again to drop another boundary point
- Continue dropping boundary points until you have closed off and created the shape that matches your desired service area
To close off your shape at any time, double-click on the map.
- Select Save
Booking jobs in service areas
After entering the service address when creating a new job, Workiz will automatically suggest the nearest service area for this job.
If you enter a new job that doesn’t fit into one of the predefined service areas you created, Workiz will provide you with the distance between this service address and your nearest service area.
Workiz will also provide you with visibility of the field techs who can be assigned to this job based on the service areas they were assigned to when setting up their profile.