In this article, you will learn how to set up dynamic tracking to understand exactly where your Booking Services revenue is coming from.
When setting up your Booking Services add-on in Workiz, you’ll be asked to choose the ad group associated with your booking portal. It's a simple process that only requires you to choose a single ad group.
But if you have more than one ad group and plan on using your booking link in several different ad campaigns, it’s important to understand which of those ad sources is performing best.
Workiz allows you to do that with just a few steps.
In order to create a link for dynamic tracking, you will first need to set up ad groups and configure your booking portal.
To learn more about these topics, please see the following articles:
Creating a link for dynamic tracking
- From the navigation bar, select > Settings
- Under Integrations, select Online Booking
- Select Copy URL
- Paste the URL onto a word processor (e.g., Microsoft Word, Google Docs, notepad, etc.)
- At the end of the URL, add the following text: &ad_group=xxx
- Replace xxx with your ad group as it has been entered into your Workiz account
- Ensure your URL looks similar to the following:
Example ad group Example URL https://online-booking.workiz.com/...&ad_group=facebook
- Use this link on your desired ad campaign
- Repeat Steps 3–8 for your remaining ad sources
Example ad group Example URL https://online-booking.workiz.com/...&ad_group=facebook Yelp https://online-booking.workiz.com/...&ad_group=google https://online-booking.workiz.com/...&ad_group=yelp
If your ad group is multiple words, separate the words in your URL by adding %20 between them.
For example, if your ad group was "door hangers," your URL would look like:
Now, whenever a user schedules a service appointment through this version of your booking portal, Workiz will automatically identify the ad group.
When you create a new job from the notification you receive for this booking request, Workiz will automatically assign this job to the correct ad group.