In this article, you will learn how to create and send invoices to your clients in Workiz.
Workiz allows both field techs and office dispatchers to easily create and send invoices to clients.
There are many ways to create an invoice in Workiz. Here, we will focus on creating an invoice from the sidebar navigation.
Creating an invoice
- From the sidebar navigation, select Add new > Invoice
- Search for an existing client or add a new one
Adding items to an estimate
- Select Add item
- Choose the item you want to add
- Repeat Steps 1–2 until you have added all of your items
Setting a due date for an invoice
Invoices will automatically set to be due on the day that they were created. If you want to offer your clients more time to pay an invoice, you can change the due date.
- Select the field next to Due on
- Choose the number of days you want to add to your due date and select OK
Adding extra information to an invoice
- Under Notes, enter any relevant notes for this invoice
- Next to Invoice Attachments, select Upload to include files relevant to this invoice
Sending an invoice and requesting payment
In order to request a payment for this invoice using Workiz, you must first enable online payments by signing up for Workiz Pay.
To learn more about Workiz Pay, please see this article.
- Once you have added all the items for this invoice, select Send
- Send your invoice:
- From (email only)
- To (email only)
- CC (email only)
- Subject (email only)
- Phone (text message only)
- Message (email and text)
- Let client pay deposit online: Choose whether you want your client to be able to pay a deposit online
- Request signature
- Advanced: Select Advanced and choose all of the estimate details you want your client to see
- Select Send Email or Send Text as desired
What your clients will see
Your customers will receive an email or text message that includes your message and a link to view the invoice in the Workiz customer portal.
To customize the look of your invoices, please see this article.
Your invoice will automatically be marked as sent after you send it to your client. You will also see a timestamp of when the invoice was sent.