In this article, you will learn how to set up custom fields based on the type of job you are performing.
Workiz was designed to fit the needs of most service businesses, but you may find that your business needs a bit more customization when it comes to creating jobs. You can accomplish this by creating custom fields so that you can add all the extra information you’ll ever need for a job.
But not all job types require the same sort of information. For example, a locksmith may require vehicle information when assigned to a job relating to car keys, but would not require vehicle information when assigned to a job to change the locks on a home.
Workiz makes it simple by allowing you to not only create custom fields, but also assign those custom fields to only appear for specific job types.
How to set up custom fields by job type
In order to set up custom fields by job type, you will first need to enable the Custom Fields add-on from the Marketplace.
To learn more about enabling the add-on, please see this article.
- From the navigation bar, select > Settings
- Under Job Settings, select Custom Fields
- With the Job tab selected, select Add New
- Create your custom field:
- Group: Choose a group that this custom field should exist under (e.g., vehicle information, before/after photos, etc.)
- Field type: Choose the type of information that should be entered into this custom field (e.g., text, numbers, date, images, etc.)
- Field name: Enter a name for this custom field
- All job types: Choose the job types that should include this custom field
- Required: Decide whether this custom field should be required to create a new job
- Required to close: Decide whether this custom field should be required in order to close a job
- Select Save
The custom field you created will only be visible for job type(s) that match the one(s) you chose earlier when creating the custom field.