In this article, you will learn how to use sales proposals to help increase your average job revenue.
Sales Proposals — commonly known as “good, better, best” — is available as a Marketplace add-on that enables you to present your clients with multiple estimates in a clear and simple way. Sales proposals are designed to help your customers understand the different options your company offers for a particular service, and allow them to choose the one that makes the most sense for their needs and budget.
Offering multiple options all at once also allows your customers to consider spending more than they normally would, ultimately boosting your revenue. Sales proposals can help you close bigger deals faster, which can quickly increase your average job revenue.
Why use Sales Proposals
- To answer questions
Clients normally have many questions after seeing an initial estimate. Save yourself time and avoid those questions by sending a detailed proposal that includes multiple options.
- To upsell
Sometimes clients are willing to pay for more than the bare minimum. Help your clients understand the relationship between your prices and the quality of services offered.
- To help techs explain pricing to clients
Your techs aren’t sales people — and they shouldn’t have to be. Sales proposals provide a clear, simple, and professional presentation of your estimates for everybody to easily understand.
- To beat your competition
People love to shop around and get estimates from different service businesses. Make sure your estimates stand out with Workiz’s interactive sales proposals.
Enabling Sales Proposals add-on
In order to begin using sales proposals, you will first need to enable the add-on from the Marketplace.
- From the navigation bar, select the Marketplace
- Under Most popular, select Sales Proposals
- Turn the toggle switch on to enable the add-on
Creating a sales proposal
- Open the job page that you want to add a sales proposal to
- From the job page, select the Estimates tab
- Select Add estimate
- Configure the first estimate of your sales proposal:
- Name: Select Estimate 1 and edit the name for this estimate (e.g., Good, Bronze, etc.)
- Image: Select Cover image and upload a cover image
- Description: Under Description, select Add and enter a brief description for this estimate
- Items: Select Add item and choose all of the items you want to include on this estimate
- Select Add Estimate > New estimate or Make a copy
- Configure the second estimate of your sales proposal (see Step 4 for guidance)
- Repeat Steps 5–6 until you have created all of the estimates you want to include in this sales proposal
You can also create sales proposal templates, making it easy to save and reuse the same sales proposals as often as you'd like.
To learn more about creating sales proposal templates, please see this article.
Sending a sales proposal
You can preview your proposal before sending to get a sense of what your clients will see.
- Select Send > Send all (proposal)
- Send your proposal via text or email
Here's a glimpse of what your clients may see: