In this article, you will learn about how to connect Workiz with Google's Local Services Ads.
What is Google's Local Services Ads?
Google's Local Services Ads helps businesses like yours easily connect with customers who use Google to search for services that you offer. Local Services Ads can take your business to the next level by boosting your visibility, giving you a badge of trust and credibility, and targeting local customers.
With Workiz's integration, new bookings from Local Services Ads will get added right to your calendar. You'll even get a notification right to your Message Center, giving you quick access to:
- View the booking information
- Communicate with the client
- Make quick changes to the booking
Who can sign up?
In order to use Workiz’s integration with Google Local Services, your business must have a Google Guarantee badge.
Not backed by the Google Guarantee yet? Click here to get started with help from our marketing partners over at SearchKings. They’ll walk you through the process, which includes a series of background checks.
Google Local Services Ads is also only available for businesses in the US that fall under the following industries:
Not seeing your industry on the list? You can check your eligibility using Google's latest guidelines here:
Enabling the Google Local Services Ads integration
- From the navigation bar, select the Marketplace
- Under Integrations, select Google’s Local Services Ads
- Turn the toggle switch on to enable the integration
- Select Connect Google’s Local Services Ads
Connecting Workiz to Google's Local Services Ads
- Enter your business information:
Your business information must be entered exactly as it appears on your Google listing.
- Business name
- Business address
- Business phone
- Business website
- Google’s Local Services Ads customer ID
For help with finding your customer ID, please see this article.
- Set your availability:
If you are already using the Booking Services add-on, altering your availability for this integration will also affect your booking availability.
- View and edit hours
- Time slot length
- Business availability based on: Choose one of the following options as desired:
- Allow double booking: Allow clients to schedule appointments regardless of existing availability
- Based on tech’s availability: Only allow clients to schedule appointments based on your team’s availability
- Choose number of jobs per slot: Only allow your clients to schedule a certain number of appointments per time slot
- Minimum notice time: Choose the minimum amount of time you need before a job can be booked
This will determine how soon your clients will be able to book a service with you.
For example, if you choose 1 hour and your client accesses your listing at 2 p.m., the earliest available time slot will be 3 p.m. If you need more or less time to prepare for a job, adjust your choice accordingly.
- Define your available services
- Choose the service you want to offer
- Choose the Google service type that most closely matches your service type
- Enter an estimated price for this service
- Repeat Steps 3a–3c until you have added all of your desired services
- Select Connect schedule
It will take approximately 3–4 business days for your accounts to be connected. You will receive an email once the process is complete.
What leads will see
When prospective clients search for services on Google, your business will be listed in the results alongside other local businesses capable of performing the service.
After selecting the Book option, leads will be taken to a page that features all of your services before being taken to a scheduling page.
What you will see
Once a job is booked on your Google’s Local Services Ads listing, the following will take place:
You will receive a notification of the booking to your Message Center
You can communicate with the customer by replying right from the Message Center.
The job will automatically be added to your schedule
Jobs from Google’s Local Services Ads will not be added with an assigned tech. You can easily add a tech right from the Message Center.