In this article, you will learn how to create a lead in Workiz.
What is a lead?
In Workiz, a lead is considered a potential job — not a potential customer. A lead can be used to:
- Store information for a potential job
- Schedule an on-site visit to make a quote for a potential job
Leads are jobs that may or may not happen, and are best used to schedule quotes. If a lead doesn’t become converted into a job, it will have no impact on your job cancellation rate. This gives you a more accurate picture of how your business is performing when viewing your Job Statistics report in Workiz.
Enabling leads add-on
In order to start using leads, you must first enable it from the Marketplace.
- From the navigation bar, select the Marketplace
- Under Add-ons, select Leads
- Turn the toggle switch on to enable the add-on
Creating a lead
- From the sidebar navigation, select Add new > Lead
- Enter the client's details:
- Client name
- Company name
- Enter the service location details:
- Service area
- Enter the job details:
- Job type
- Job source
- Job description
- Determine if this lead already has a scheduled date and turn the toggle switch on/off accordingly
- (Optional) Enter the schedule details:
- Team members
You may only see techs who are available based on whether their skills and service areas are compatible with this job.
Submitting a new lead will automatically create a new client using the same details you just entered for the new lead.
Managing a new lead
After creating your lead, you will need to properly manage it to ensure you eventually convert it into a revenue-generating job. To learn more about managing new leads, please see this article.