In this article, you will learn how to use custom fields in custom documents.
With Custom Fields, you can create fields for the information your business requires to get the job done, such as before and after photos, required vehicle information, and much more.
Workiz also allows you to use those custom fields to automatically generate relevant job or client information you can use in custom documents.
For example, if you created job custom fields for before and after images, you can configure your invoices to automatically include the images you uploaded to the related job.
In order to use custom fields in custom documents, you will first need to enable the following add-ons from the Marketplace:
How to use custom fields in documents
Custom fields are a great way to tailor your estimates, invoices, and work orders to your specific needs.
- From the navigation bar, select > Settings
- Under General Settings, select Documents
- Select the document template you want to add a custom field to
- Select the Layout tab
- Drag and drop the layout you want to use onto the document
- Select the Tools tab
- Drag and drop the Text tool onto the empty layout space that reads Drag something here
- Delete the placeholder text
- From the mini toolbar, select Insert values > Custom values
- Choose the custom field you want to add to this document
- Format the text as desired
- Select Save
Here’s an example of what an invoice would look like if you created custom fields for before and after images, and then inserted the short code for those custom fields into your document:
If your client views the invoice from the client portal, they will be able to click on the images to enlarge them.