In this article, you will learn how to change your statement descriptor for Workiz Pay charges.
A statement descriptor is the name that appears on a client’s bank statement for charges from your business.
Using a clear and accurate statement descriptor can help reduce the number of chargebacks and disputes made against your business. A clear statement descriptor will help your clients easily identify where the charge is coming from.
Your statement descriptor will automatically be generated to match the business name you entered in your Workiz account, but you can also change it from the Workiz Pay dashboard.
When processing payments with a card on file, the charges on your client's bank or credit statements will include a "recurring" designation.
To avoid a potential dispute from a concerned client when seeing an unfamiliar statement descriptor, we strongly recommend that you communicate this to your clients whenever saving a card on file.
Changing your Workiz Pay statement descriptor
- From the sidebar navigation, select Workiz Pay
- From the Workiz Pay dashboard, select the My account tab
- Under Account settings, select Edit next to Statement descriptor
- Enter your statement descriptor and select Save changes
Your statement descriptor must meet the following requirements:
- Contains only Latin characters
- Contains between 5–22 characters
- Contains at least one letter
- Does not contain any of the following special characters
- <> / ' " * </>
- Reflects your business name
- Contains more than a single common term or common website URL
Your changes will be reflected immediately and all future charges will feature your updated statement descriptor.