In this article, you will learn how to create and manage items in your inventory.
Workiz’s inventory management lets you see your stock levels and inventory usage from anywhere using any device. Every usage, stock change, or return is logged and easily tracked.
In order to track changes made to your inventory, you’ll first need to create an inventory item.
Creating an inventory item
In order to create and manage inventory items, you will first need to enable the Inventory add-on from the Marketplace.
To learn more about how to enable the add-on, please see this article.
- From the sidebar navigation, select Inventory
- From the Inventory tab, select Add new
- Complete the Create New Item fields:
- Product name
- Select brand
- Reorder at: Enter the stock number that should trigger a reminder to restock your inventory for the item you are creating
- Minimum at location: Enter the stock number that should be required at each location
- Select Save
Removing an inventory item
- From the navigation bar, select > Settings
- Under Job Settings, select Items & products
- Check all of the items you want to disable
- Select Update item status > Disable
The item will now appear in the Disabled section of your Items & products page, and will not be visible when adding inventory items to estimates, invoices, and jobs.
Managing inventory stock
Workiz makes it simple to add stock to a location, move stock from one location to another, and removing stock from a location.
- Next to the item you want to update, select
- Under Actions, choose one of the following options:
- Add items
- Move items
- Return items
Reviewing inventory stock changes
All changes you make to your inventory will be visible from the Inventory Usage Report.
To view these changes, open the report and select the Action log tab.