In this article, you will learn how to create leads while on the go using the Workiz mobile app.
What is a lead?
In Workiz, a lead is considered a potential job — not a potential customer. A lead can be used to:
- Store information for a potential job
- Schedule an on-site visit to make a quote for a potential job
Leads are jobs that may or may not happen, and are best used to schedule quotes. If a lead doesn’t become converted into a job, it will have no impact on your job cancellation rate. This gives you a more accurate picture of how your business is performing when viewing your Job Statistics Report in Workiz.
How to create leads on mobile
In order to create leads, you will first need to enable the add-on from the Marketplace using the web app.
To learn more about enabling Leads, please see this article.
- From your homepage, select > Lead
- Enter the client information:
- Client name: Enter your client’s first and last name OR search for an existing client
- (Optional) Phone number
- (Optional) Address
Because leads can be used as a way to store information for a potential job, leads do not require addresses.
- (Optional) Email address
- (Optional) Client company name: Enter the name of your client’s company
- Enter the service information:
- Job type
- (Optional) Ad source
- (Optional) Service area
- (Optional) Job description
- (Optional) Enter the schedule information:
Because leads can be used as a way to store information for a potential job, leads do not need to be scheduled. To create an unscheduled lead, turn the toggle switch off.
- Select Create lead