In this article, you will learn how to keep track of custom field data in Workiz.
Workiz was designed to fit the needs of most service businesses, but you may find that your organization needs a bit more customization when it comes to creating jobs and adding clients. You can accomplish this by creating custom fields so that you can add all the extra information you’ll ever need for a job or client.
You can create custom fields for just about anything, including before and after photos, job duration, vehicle information, or location type.
Keeping track of custom field data is also fairly simple thanks to custom reports.
In order to create a custom report for custom fields, you will first need to enable the following add-ons from the Marketplace:
Creating a custom report with custom fields
- From the sidebar navigation, select Reports
- Under Custom reports, select Add report
- Create your custom report:
- Report name
- Report fields: Select the job, client, finance, and custom field data you want to include in your custom report
- Default time range: Select the time range you want to see every time you open the report
- Visible to: Select the roles that should have access to this report
- Select Save
Your custom report should be generated in just a few seconds. If selected, your custom fields will appear as a column in your custom report.