In this article, you will learn how to close more deals by following up on pending estimates using Workiz Automations.
From adding line items with just a click or requesting an online deposit, Workiz does a lot to streamline the estimating process for your business. It doesn't stop at just creating and sending estimates, though — Workiz also helps make sure that you close as many deals as possible by reminding your clients of a document that needs their attention.
With Workiz Automations, you can create a rule that automatically sends a reminder to your clients a few days after you sent them an estimate that is still pending.
In order to send automated reminders for pending estimates, you will first need to enable the Workiz Automations add-on from the Marketplace.
To learn more about enabling this add-on, please see this article.
Enabling the automation rule
- From the navigation bar, select Automations
- Under Follow-ups, select the Email follow-up / 3 days after template
- Customize your rule as desired:
- Select an email and choose if you want to send a text message, email, or both
- Select 3 days after and update the timing as desired
- Select Preview/edit message and customize the message as desired
- (Optional) Select Add condition and add any extra parameters you want to set for this automation rule (e.g., Only if client tag = [tag], or amount is greater than [#])
- Select Add automation
After enabling your automation, all future estimates that meet the criteria you defined will trigger a notification reminding your client that they have a pending estimate.