In this article, you will learn how to create custom phone extensions for members of your team using call flows.
With call flows, Workiz allows your customers to route themselves to specific members of your team using personal phone extensions that you define. You can utilize these extensions when creating voice menu call flows.
Adding custom extensions to your voice menu call flow
In order to add a custom phone extension to your voice menu call flow, you will need to first need to create a voice menu call flow.
To learn more about creating a voice menu call flow from scratch, please see this article.
- From the navigation bar, select > Settings
- Under Calls & Texts, select Call Flows
- Open the voice menu call flow you want to add a custom extension to
- From the call flow builder, select Voice menu
- Select Text-to-speech or MP3 and ensure you reference the option to dial a custom phone extension within your voice menu greeting (e.g., “If you know your party’s extension, please dial that now”)
- Select Save
- Under Voice menu, select Add extension
- Select Forward
- Above the Forward step you just created, select the default number and replace it with the custom extension you want to use
- Select the Forward step you just created
- Select User and then choose the member of your team who you want to assign to this extension
- Repeat Steps 5-9 until you have finished adding all of the extensions you want to include in this call flow
- Select Save
- Select Save call flow
When calling your business using the phone number assigned to this call flow, your clients will now have the ability to dial a specific extension to reach different members of your team.