In this article, you will learn how to generate and obtain your Workiz API credentials.
The Workiz API is designed to allow you to quickly and easily create a functional application or integration. All of the Workiz APIs are designed around REST (representational state transfer) — a fast and lightweight set of guidelines perfectly suited for app development.
Enabling the add-on
In order to generate your API credentials, you will need to enable the developer API add-on from the Marketplace.
- From the navigation bar, select the Marketplace
- Under Add-ons, select Developer API
- Turn the toggle switch on to enable the add-on
Accessing your API credentials
- From the navigation bar, select > Settings
- Under Integrations, select Developer
- Copy your credentials by selecting
- API token and API secret credentials by selecting the corresponding copy icons
All API calls to Workiz should be made to the https://api.workiz.com/api/v1/ base domain. A JSON will be returned in all responses from the API, including errors. The APIs are designed to have predictable, straightforward URLs and to use HTTP response codes to indicate API errors.
To view our API documentation, please click here.