In this article, you will learn how to register for 10DLC to keep your business compliant with the latest text messaging standards in the US.
What is A2P 10DLC?
A2P 10DLC is a new, standardized system in the US that allows businesses to send Application-to-Person (A2P) messages to consumers using a standard 10-digit long code (10DLC) phone number.
This includes businesses who use Workiz Phone to communicate with clients via text message.
Why do I need to register?
In 2022, major carriers across the US (e.g., T-Mobile, AT&T, Verizon) adopted A2P 10DLC, which impacts the way businesses can send messages to consumers. These changes apply to companies using a software service for business messaging such as Workiz Phone.
These changes are beyond Workiz’s control and are ultimately designed to protect consumers from receiving potentially unwanted, spam-like messages.
All businesses who wish to continue using Workiz Phone to text customers without interruption will need to register for A2P 10DLC. If you do not register your business, your outbound messages will undergo third-party filtering that may drastically reduce the number of outbound messages that are received.
The deadline to register is Aug. 31, 2023. If you do not register your phone before the deadline, you will no longer be able to send text messages using Workiz Phone.
We strongly recommend that you register as soon as possible.
To learn more about 10DLC, please see this article.
How do I register?
Registering for 10DLC takes just a few minutes.
To help with your registration process, we recommend having an official tax document (e.g., SS-4) to find your official business name and EIN.
- Open the Message Center
- Select Registration required at the top of the page
- Enter your business information:
- Business name: Enter your business name exactly as it appears on official tax documents
- First and last name: Enter your first and last name exactly as they appear on official tax documents
- Phone number: Enter your business phone number
- EIN or DUNS: Select the type of business identifier you want to provide
- Business number: Enter your EIN or DUNS as it appears on official tax documents
If you do not have a business ID, you will need to verify your business via text message. Reply YES to the text message within 24 hours.
- Business address: Enter your full business address exactly as it appears on official tax documents
- Website (optional): Enter your business website URL
How long does it take to get registered?
It may take a few weeks for your registration to be processed. Workiz will notify you via email if your registration is approved.
What should I do if I get rejected?
Workiz will notify you via email if your registration is rejected. If your registration request is rejected, you will need to re-submit your application.
Before submitting again, please verify that all of your information is correct. Common mistakes in 10DLC registration forms include, but are not limited to the following:
- The business name entered does not match the one on your tax documents
- The EIN entered does not match the one on your tax documents
- The business address entered does not match the one on your tax documents
If you still cannot submit, please contact support for help.