In this article, you will learn how to sync service area or custom field information from Workiz jobs to QuickBooks Online.
When syncing invoices from Workiz to QuickBooks Online, Workiz will automatically sync basic information such as the client’s name, contact information, and invoice details. But you may also have other job-related information that you want to share with and track in QuickBooks.
With the QuickBooks integration, you can sync an extra job field — such as the relevant service area or one of your custom fields — using class tracking. This will allow you to categorize transactions and track financial data from Workiz in QuickBooks.
In order to sync service area or custom field data to QuickBooks, you will first need to enable the following add-ons:
How to sync extra job information to QuickBooks Online
Enabling class tracking in QuickBooks
- From QuickBooks, select > Account and settings
- Select Advanced
- Select the Categories section
- Turn the Track classes toggle switch on
- Check the box for Warn me when a transaction isn’t assigned as a class
- Under Assign classes, select One to entire transaction
- Select Save and Done
Enabling class tracking in Workiz
- From the navigation bar, select > Settings
- Under Integrations, select QuickBooks integration
- From the QuickBooks settings tab, check the box for Sync extra job field
- Choose the field you want to sync to QuickBooks Online
What you’ll see in QuickBooks
After setting up your job field sync, that data will be mapped to an invoice’s class field in QuickBooks.
The extra job field you mapped to QuickBooks will only appear on job-related invoices.
Because custom fields and service areas do not apply to standalone invoices in Workiz, a class cannot be defined in QuickBooks for these documents.
Reporting in QuickBooks
Mapping an additional Workiz job field to a QuickBooks class will allow you to run reports based on that class field. To learn more about the reports you can run, please see this article.