In this article, you will learn how to send automatic reminders to your admins whenever an invoice becomes overdue.
Workiz allows you to set payment terms for invoices at both an account and client level. For instance, you can set all of your invoices to be due upon receipt but also give specific clients more time to pay with payment terms of net 14 or net 30. To learn more about setting payment terms for invoices, please see this article.
And with Workiz Automations, you can create a rule that automatically reminds your admins about an overdue invoice payment once the payment terms have been exceeded.
Enabling the automation rule
In order to send automatic reminders for overdue invoice payments, you will first need to enable the Workiz Automations add-on from the Marketplace.
To learn more about enabling the add-on, please see this article.
- From the navigation bar, select Automations
- Under Follow-ups, select Past due invoice / Admin reminder
- Configure your rule as desired:
- Select an email and choose text, email, or both
- Select immediately and update the timing as desired
- Select Preview/edit message and customize the message as desired
- (Optional) Select Add condition and add any extra parameters you want to set for this automation rule (e.g., Only if client tag = big spender)
- (Optional) Select the range under Automation will be sent and adjust it as desired (e.g., 24/7, 9-5 p.m., etc.)
- Select Add automation
After enabling your automation, your admins will automatically receive an email when an invoice reaches a status of past due.