In this article, you will learn how to keep track of all of your dumpster rentals and other returnable items using the Asset Tracking add-on in Workiz.
Asset Tracking is a comprehensive solution designed to help you manage your rentable items — like dumpsters, portable AC units, or pumps. With Asset Tracking, you can create “assets” and easily determine their availability when assigning them to jobs.
Enabling the add-on
- From the navigation bar, select the Marketplace
- Under Most popular, select Asset Tracking
- Turn the toggle switch on to enable the add-on
Asset Tracking works best when the Tasks add-on is also enabled.
To learn more about using Tasks in Workiz, please see this article.
Creating an asset
After enabling the add-on, you will receive access to a new item type of "assets."
- From the navigation bar, select > Settings
- Under Job settings, select Items & Products
- From the Items & products tab, select Add new
- Create your asset:
- (Optional) Image
- (Optional) Model
- (Optional) Unit cost
- Item type: Choose Asset
- (Optional) Description
- Select Save
Assigning an asset to a job
After creating an asset, you will be able to assign them directly to jobs.
- Open a job you want to assign an asset to
- Select the Items tab
- Next to Add item, select > From assets
- Choose the asset you want to assign
- Edit the assignment details as desired and select Assign
With the Tasks add-on enabled, Workiz can automatically create drop-off and pick-up tasks when assigning an asset to a job.
Viewing assets on your schedule
After assigning assets to jobs, you can view them on your schedule. While viewing your schedule using the Timeline or Timeline Week views, you can filter the results by assets to see your asset assignments and availability.