Job statuses and sub-statuses can help keep track of the job’s progress.
It’s also a great way to communicate with your team and filter what needs to be done.
Your Workiz account has four main statuses for open jobs:
- Submitted – Scheduled and waiting to be assigned/dispatched.
- In Progress – Assigned to a team member and dispatched.
- Pending – Waiting for parts/call back or any other stage of the work where something is missing and needs to be completed.
- Done pending – Some businesses don’t want techs closing jobs on their own, so they will place this status on a job. Then, you or a manager can look it over and close it.
In order to be more specific, you can add a sub status to each status. For example:
- When a job is "In progress" you can add sub statuses such as:
- On route (tech is on the way)
- Working (tech is working).
- When a job is "Pending" you can add sub statuses like:
- Waiting for parts
- Needs follow up (the job was postponed and you are waiting for the client to reschedule).
- When a job is "Canceled" you can add sub statuses like:
- Too late (we were late and the customer canceled).
- Too expensive (client decided the on-premise estimate was too much).
Adding a sub status:
- From the top-hand navigation bar, click the "Settings" under the gear tab.
2. Under Job Settings, click "Sub Status".
3. Click "Add New" to create a new sub-status.
4. In the pop-up:
- Select the main job statuses
- Name your new sub status
- Pick a color tag (optional)
- Click "Create" to save.
5. Your new sub status is added to your list and ready to be used in jobs.
Need more help? See the related articles below: