Job statuses and sub-statuses can help keep track of the job’s progress.
It’s also a great way to communicate with your team and filter what needs to be done.
Your Workiz account has four main statuses for open jobs:
Submitted – Scheduled and waiting to be assigned/dispatched.
In Progress – Assigned to a team member and dispatched.
Pending – Waiting for parts/call back or any other stage of the work where something is missing and needs to be completed.
Done pending – Some businesses don’t want techs closing jobs on their own, so they will place this status on a job. Then, you or a manager can look it over and close it.
In order to be more specific, you can add a sub status to each status. For example:
When a job is "In progress" you can add sub statuses such as:
- On route (tech is on the way)
- Working (tech is working).
When a job is "Pending" you can add sub statuses like:
- Waiting for parts
- Needs follow up (the job was postponed and you are waiting for the client to reschedule).
When a job is "Canceled" you can add sub statuses like:
- Too late (we were late and the customer canceled).
- Too expensive (client decided the on-premise estimate was too much).
Adding a sub status:
From the top-hand navigation bar, click the "Settings" under the gear tab.
2. Under Job Settings, click "Sub Status".
3. Click "Add New" to create a new sub-status.
4. In the pop-up:
Select the main job statuses
Name your new sub status
Pick a color tag (optional)
Click "Create" to save.
5. Your new sub status is added to your list and ready to be used in jobs.
Need more help? See the related articles below: