Workiz metro areas feature is great for managing multiple service areas with different teams and different resources.
Adding a metro area
1. Make sure to enable the metro areas add-on in on your account by clicking the top gear icon and then "Add-ons".
2. Go to your top gear icon again and then click "Settings".
3. In your settings, click the "Metro Areas" tab.
4. Click "Add Metro Area".
5. Add your new metro area details:
Name: The name of this area, for example "San Diego"
Metro center zipcode: An approximate zip code that represents the center of this area
Mile Radius: A mile radius around the center that is considered part of this area
Choose Color: Choose a color to represent this metro area. This is optional, you can set the schedule to show jobs with the color of their metro area.
Default Tax: Select a default tax rate for this area, different counties have different tax codes.
Advanced area select: Draw the geographical area of this metro on a map for greater precision.
7. Click save to create your new metro area.
Selecting an area on a map
To select an area on a map.
1. Edit or create a metro area
2. Change the "Advanced area selection" to "on".
3. On the right-hand side of the page, a map should appear.
4. In the "Enter a location" field on top of the map, enter the town/city name you want to mark.
5. Click the area select icon (seen below with the arrow).
6. Start clicking on the map to mark your area boundaries. Double click to close off the area.
7. Got it wrong? No problem, click the "Clear Shape" button to start over.
8. Click "Save" to save your new preferences.
Assign jobs based on metro areas
Now that you have your areas defined, Workiz will try to auto-assign them for you based on the job’s location.
1. Add a new job or lead
2. In the address search field, start typing an address.
Once an address is selected, Workiz will auto-select the relevant metro area or show you the closest one. Alternatively, you can also manually select one.
Need more help? See the related articles below: