This article will show you how to manage your serial numbers in Workiz.
You can change the default item numbers for your:
How can I change the next number?
1. Click the top right settings icon and then "Settings" from the drop-down menu.
2. Click the "Numbering" tab under General Settings.
3. Here you can see the upcoming numbers for all of your items:
- Coded Job IDs – Some business owners prefer to keep their number coded. If you choose this option your Job IDs would look like this: XD76S6 and will have no sequential order.
- Next Job ID – If Job IDs are not coded.
- Next Invoice ID
- Next Estimate ID
- Next Lead ID
Note: You cannot update a number that is lower than your latest job/lead/invoice/estimate.
4. Click update to save.
Invoice ID numbers are different from your Job’s ID.
Example: Job ID # 105 can have an Invoice ID number of #1005.
If you are using coded Job IDs then your invoice and Job ID will be the same (X44JAT6…)
Estimates that were created under a job, will bear the same ID as the job and their number in the jobs estimates.
Example: Job ID # 20056 will have estimates labeled
- and so on…
Estimates created without a job will have their own separate numbers according to the numbers you’ve updated.
Need more help? See related articles below: