You can change the default item numbers for your
How to change the next number?
1. Click the top right settings icon and then settings from the drop-down menu
2. Click the Numbering tab under general settings.
3. Here you can see the next numbers for all your items
- Job IDs coded – Some business owners prefer to keep their number coded. If you choose this option your Job IDs would look like this: XD76S6 and will have no sequential order.
- Next job id – If job IDs are not coded.
- Next invoice id.
- Next Estimate id.
- Next Lead id.
Notice: You can not update a number lower than your latest job/lead/invoice/estimate.
4. Click update to save.
Invoice id numbers are different from your job’s id. So job id# 105 can have an invoice id number #1005
If you are using coded job IDs then your invoice and job id will be the same (X44JAT6…)
Estimates that were created under a job, will bear the same id as the job + their number in the jobs estimates.
Example: Job id # 20056 will have estimates labeled
- and so on…
Estimates created without a job will have their own separate numbers according to the numbers you’ve updated.