If your customers are used to your current number and you’d like to keep it, you can still enjoy Workiz phone by porting your phone number over to Workiz. It’s easy, and works the same as if you were moving to a different cell phone provider and keeping your old number.
You can use your own number and still enjoy the benefit of Workiz Phone System:
- Send text message appointment reminders from your number
- Add call greetings and call flows to look more professional
- Record all of your calls and have them automatically saved under the relevant job and client page.
Porting your phone number usually takes a few days at Workiz. But, it can take up to 4 weeks depending on the cell-phone number current provider.
Step 1 - Reach out to us through our chat support or by phone and let us know the phone number that you’d like to transfer to Workiz.
Step 2 - You’ll need to give us a few details so that we can successfully port your phone number(s) to Workiz.
We’ll ask you to fill out a document with the following info:
- The authorised user or owner’s first and last name and the corresponding service address (physical address.)
- A Letter of Authorization (LOA) signed by the authorised user.
- A Customer Service Record (CSR).
- A copy of the most recent phone bill, within the last 30 days, that includes the account, owner user name, and address information for all the numbers you’d like to port.
Step 3 - Number gets approved by Wortkiz.
Step 4 - Number is Submitted to Carrier Partner.
During this time, do not close your account with your carrier and keep your numbers active.
Step 5 - Workiz reaches out to you by email with your porting date for when your number will be transferred to Workiz.
Once we’ve ported your number to Workiz you’ll be able to record your calls, send job appointment reminders from your number, and the calls will be saved under the relevant job and client page.