If your customers are used to your current number and you’d like to keep it, you can still enjoy Workiz Service Phone by porting your phone number over to Workiz. It’s easy and works the same way it would if you were moving to a different phone provider while keeping your old number.
You can use your own number and still enjoy the benefits of Workiz Service Phone:
- Send text message appointment reminders from your number
- Add call greetings and call flows to look more professional
- Record all of your calls and have them automatically saved under the relevant job and client page.
Porting your phone number usually takes a few days at Workiz. But it can take up to 4 weeks depending on the cell-phone number's provider.
Step 1 - Reach out to us through our chat support or by phone and let us know the phone number that you’d like to transfer to Workiz.
Step 2 - You’ll need to give us a few details so that we can successfully port your phone number(s) to Workiz.
We’ll ask you to fill out a document with the following info:
- The authorized user or owner’s first and last name and the corresponding service address (physical address).
- A Letter of Authorization (LOA) signed by the authorized user.
- A Customer Service Record (CSR).
- A copy of the most recent phone bill, within the last 30 days, that includes the account, owner's user name, and address information for all the numbers you’d like to port.
Step 3 - The number gets approved by Workiz.
Step 4 - The number is submitted to the mobile carrier.
During this time, do not close your account with your carrier and keep your numbers active.
Step 5 - Workiz will reach out to you by email with your porting date for when your number will be transferred to Workiz.
Once we’ve ported your number to Workiz you’ll be able to record your calls, send job appointment reminders from your number, and the calls will be saved under the relevant job and client page.
Need more help? See related articles below: