What Is a Call Flow?
A call flow is a map to how calls will be handled from the moment they enter the phone system to the end of the call.
Why Use a Call Flow?
If you want to look more professional and send callers to the right place, you can create a call route for specific numbers. You can forward each call to the right person or department and make sure that you’re always available for your clients.
How Can You Set It Up?
1. Go to the 'Calls' page.
2. Click on 'Settings' and then on 'Call Flows'.
3. Click on 'Create a Call Flow'.
4. Then click on 'Choose Next Step'.
- Step 1 - Name your Call Flow: Give a unique description to each call flow.
- Step 2 - Add the Call Source (Ad Group): Where does this number appear? On your website, Facebook page, Yelp profile, postcards?
- Step 3 - Define Your Business Hours (Schedule): Set the hours when your employees will be available. You can decide that after working hours, the call will be routed to a personal cell phone, voicemail, or service center.
- Step 4 - Add a Call Greeting: This allows you to sound more professional. For example, you can have a call greeting say, “Welcome to 123 Locksmith, the best emergency locksmiths in San Diego offering 24/7 service...” Read more about call greetings here.
- Step 5 - Add a Call Menu: This feature gives your callers multiple options to choose from by pressing a number on their dial-pad. The call menu directs your clients to the right person at the right time. For example: “Press 1 to schedule a new job, 2 for an estimate, and 3 for customer support."
- Step 6 - Test it: Save your call flow and call the number to try it out.
Need more help? See related articles below: