Find out in the video or article below how you can add custom attributes to your line items!
What are Custom Attributes That Can Be Added to Line Items?
Great question! Whether you’re invoicing a customer or checking out your inventory list, sometimes a product or service that you offer will require a little bit more of an explanation.
For example, if you’re a locksmith, you could use this field to describe things like lock size, door handle finish, hours it took to install new locks, supplier, etc. Using custom attributes will allow you to itemize your service (i.e. a heavy-duty door handle) and add an extra column on your customer invoice that shows additional information.
1. Go to 'Settings'.
2. Under 'Job Settings' click on 'Items & Products'.
3. Select 'Add New'.
4. Fill out the items page and update any necessary info.
5. Select + 'Add item field'.
6. Add your description text for the item:
7. From the dropdown, select whether this item requires:
a. Text: Free text
b. Number: A number.
c. Quantity based number: A number that is multiplied by the quantity of the line item (i.e. work hours).
8. Tick the box next to 'Visible On Item List', if you want this to be visible to your customer.
9. When your item is added, you’ll see a message that says, 'Custom attribute created'.
10. Click 'Save' to save all changes.
11. When successfully completed, you’ll see an 'Item Updated' message.
Need more help? See related articles below: